- If you cut your hair on Friday the 13th, someone in your family will die.
- If a funeral procession passes you on Friday the 13th, you will be the next to die.
- Do not start a trip on Friday or you will encounter misfortune.
- If you break a mirror on Friday the 13th, you will have seven years of bad luck.
- A child born on Friday the 13th will be unlucky for life.
- Ships that set sail on a Friday will have bad luck.
- If you walk under a ladder or if a black cat crosses you on Friday the 13th, you will have bad luck.
Okay, so maybe there is some spurious evidence that Friday the 13th is unlucky. But when you just look at it realistically, it is just another day. It is what it is, a day a of the week with a number attached...both a part of a man-made system of numbers and calendars. Believe what you will, but, know, as I have come to know, it's all in our way of looking at things. And, hey, I just wrote this blog about not writing et al, so I guess I really believed I could all along! See what I mean?
It's your lucky day.