A Facebook friend of mine is getting ready to celebrate his birthday in a few days. He is totally a special guy, the following of which will prove it to be so. He obviously is fearful his friends may be over-thinking the gift thing, so he came up with some ideas which I find to be perfect. Any one of them would make the perfect gift for a birthday or for any occasion. So here they are. Feel free to give any of these gifts to me. And, lest I forget, Happy Birthday Tony H.
Tony: What's that you say? You have no gift ideas? Luckily, I got you covered:
1. Say happy birthday
2. Hug me and say happy birthday when you see me.
3. Pray for me
4. Do something nice for someone else.
5. Spend the day being nice.
6. Let go of a grudge
7. Think outside the box
8. Say "I love you" to a non-family member.
9. Don't drive drunk
10. Get a good nights sleep and repeat all of the above.
Two more days to 47! Still struggling for gift ideas? Here's 10 more:
1. If they're still with us, call your parents.
2. Be selfish and take a day just for you. Go to a movie, sleep in, go to to dinner, whatever, but take some "you" time.
3. No profanity for 24 hours.
4. Have dinner with your family without the television on.
5. Take a nap.
6. Check in on a friend you've fallen out of touch with.
7. Apologize for a wrong you committed.
8. Forgive a wrong that's been done to you, and move on.
9. Pray for our leaders.
10. Pick a book to read this year...and read it.